Full-Form Of CO

CO means Carbon Monoxide

Faulty heating equipment

It is important to keep warm. Unfortunately, heating appliances are one of the most common causes of injury and death in the home. Most accidents are caused by human behavior. If users do not follow simple safety rules, heating equipment can kill.

This section examines one of the major sources of accidental injury in the home due to heating devices through carbon monoxide poisoning.

Carbon monoxide

Over 50 home deaths occur each year from CO poisoning due to faulty heating equipment.

What is this?

Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas. This can be given by devices that burn fossil fuels such as gas, coal, wood, or oil if they are not working in any way, if the flu is blocked in any way, or if the room is properly Not ventilated.

Why is it so dangerous?

Carbon monoxide is odorless, colorless and tasteless, making it difficult to detect. However, its effects are fatal. On average, 50 people die each year from carbon monoxide poisoning due to faulty heating equipment.

What are the main causes of carbon monoxide poisoning?

Most cases of carbon monoxide poisoning are caused by insufficient ventilation or poorly maintained equipment, blocked or leaky, and chimneys. The chimney can be blocked for various reasons. This can occur as a result of bird nesting on the chimney, or possible erosion of the flue. A blocked bunch can cause carbon monoxide leakage in your home.

Who is most at risk?

Some people mistakenly think that it is only gas-fuel heating systems that can cause carbon monoxide poisoning – in fact, this can happen to any fossil fuel system if the system, which includes both equipment and grip, Is defective or room is not properly ventilated. In addition, some people associate carbon monoxide poisoning with rented housing – in fact, more people are killed in owner-occupied rather than rented properties.

Scroll to top