Vishwa Konkani Student Scholarship Fund (VKSSF)’ envisages grant of Merit Cum Means scholarship for students having Konkani language as their mother tongue. This is the Flagship programme of VKSSF and awards Scholarships for Bachelor Degree Education in the streams of Engineering and MBBS. The Scholarship Amount of Rs. 30,000 and Rs. 40,000 per year per student respectively. Since its inception in 2010 VKSS has awarded more than 2000 Scholarships under this programme.
World konkani students Scholarship fund
World konkani centre was founded by basti vaman shenoy established in 2009. It is located in Konkani Gaon, Shakti Nagar, Mangalore, India. The chairman is Dr. Dayananda pai .‘Vishwa Konkani Student Scholarship Fund (VKSSF)’ of Merit Cum Means scholarship for students having Konkani language as their mother tongue. Konkani is kannada language. In the year 2010 Instituted World Konkani Centre is realised by the distinguish the thinker and corporate leader then successfully raised and distributed over 6000 Scholarships to the tune of Rs. 8.0 Crores.
Vishwa Konkani Student Scholarship Fund (VKSSF)
Eminent Konkani Philanthropists like Dr. Ranjan Pai, Dr. P. Dayananda Pai, Ramadas Kamath U. K. V. Kamath, M. Jagannath Shenoi, Ronald Colaco, Madam Grace Pinto, A. Annappa S. Kamath, Rohan Monteiro, Achuth Pai and Sons, Jai Narayana Bhat, Sandeep Shenoy, Aravind Rao, B. R. Bhat, T.D. Pai Pradeep G. Pai and many come forward in support of this fund.
Vishwa Konkani Student Scholarship provides Fund to the candidates to Merit-Cum-Means Scholarships-2021 for Konkani Speaking students to any caste and religion, who are searching for professional education in the stream of Engineering and MBBS.
Eligibility Criteria will be as follows.
- Candidates with Konkani as their mother tongue can apply for this scholarship regardless of caste and religion. A Mother tongue certificate needs to be provided while applying.
- Candidates who are seeking admission to the FIRST Year of the Engineering or MBBS course in 2021 can apply.
- Candidates who scored above 70% in SSLC and the core subjects in PUC and also secured a Ranking of 20,000 or below in the Common Entrance Test (CET) or Qualifying Marks in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) can apply.
- Candidates whose total Family Income is less than Rs. 5.00 Lakhs per annum can apply. The references from Family Doctor and a Chartered Accountant should be provided in this regard while applying.
- The Vishwa Konkani Student Scholarship Programme is a handholding programme with Scholarships along with a skill development and mentoring programme. The student should be willing to be part of this highly beneficial development programme.
- The student should be willing to sponsor 2 students after completion of studies and after securing employment.
Governance of the Fund
As the Fund is functioning on the basis of ‘Stream’ concept, the entire amount generated every year will be distributed to the beneficiaries and no separate corpus will be maintained. Contributions to the Fund will be eligible for Tax Exemption under section 80(G) of the Income Tax Act.
‘Vishwa Konkani Student Scholarship Fund’ is administered by a Governing Council comprising eminent personalities. U. Ramdas Kamath, Executive Vice President, Infosys Technologies Ltd., Bangalore is the Chairman of the Fund and Pradeep G. Pai, Managing Director of Hangyo Ice Creams Pvt. Ltd., is the secretary. The council is also guided by Basti Vaman Shenoy, the founder and the president of World Konkani Centre and Board of Trustees of Konkani Language and Cultural Foundation.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have taken a loan from the bank for education, you can still apply for this scheme.
A certificate indicating mother tongue can be obtained from the head of the institution where the applicant has passed the 10th standard / SSLC examination as per the entry register of the institution.
Students will soon call you for a different orientation program and select you based on your performance in the first year of your studies. You no longer need to apply for a scholarship.
You have to apply only through our online application. If you have sent it in hard copy then your application has not been processed.