TIFR Visiting Students’ Research Programme conducts annual summer programmes in which talented students are introduced to research activities in the areas of Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, and Physics. We encourage applications from motivated students who have completed at least two years of graduate students in science and engineering. The programs are held both during TIFR’s Mumbai campus from mid-May to early July every year as well as at the National Center for Radio Astrophysics (NCRA), Pune.
|Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
|TIFR Visiting Students’ Research Programme 2021-22
|Bachelor’s or Master’s programme
|31 January 2021
|Mode of Application
Eligibility Criteria of TIFR Visiting Students’ Research Programme
- Two years of undergraduate coursework in an academic institution.
- Should not have participated in VSRP before.
|(For Maths Programme – 4.5 weeks)
|(For NSF/STCS Programme – 9 weeks)
The selection of students will be done on the merit list and academic performing the basis in which return solution is also required which should be around 400 words. No selection test and interview will be taken for selection.
How to apply?
- Students must first visit the official site. ( Click Here)
- After visiting the website, you will need to create an account with your name, which will require your name and mail ID.
- After submission, a password will be generated on your mail-id.
- You can check the status at any time with your login ID and password.
- Fill the application form without any mistake.
- Enter your active phone number and active mail ID.
- Scan your photo and upload the documents along with the application form.
- Submit the application form online.
- Student ID Proof
- Fee Receipt Number
- Category Certificate
- Bank Passbook
- Last Qualifying Exam Mark Sheet
- Aadhar Card Number
- Latest Passport Size Photograph
- Enrollment Number
- Write-up of up to 400 words
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q- I am from India but am currently doing my undergraduate studies in US. I am interested in applying for VSRP?
Ans- Currently, the VSRP program accepts only those students who are pursuing their studies in institutions in India. However, we would encourage you to visit TIFR and interact with the members of your region when you visit India.
Q- How much GPA /% is required to get admission in the VSRP program?
Ans- There is no cut-off GPA /% for the VSRP program. We look at the overall profile when making decisions. This includes academic performance developed by grade / GPA, referee report, your writing, and more.
Q- I`m a Ph.D. Student at XXXX University. Can I apply for the VSRP program?
Ans- The VSRP program is mainly aimed at providing research experience to pre-doctoral (undergraduate, postgraduate) students. Thus, Ph.D. Students are not eligible for the VSRP program.
Q- Is it mandatory to have detailed knowledge about a particular research topic of interest?
Ans- While no special knowledge is required, we would expect you to have a very deep understanding of what is generally taught at the pre-final year level.
Q- How to know the time limit for verification of application institute / district / state level?
Ans- There will be a time limit for verification of applications at the institute/district/state level Displayed on the portal when the dates are closing.