State Government Open Merit Scholarship 2023-24: The Department of Higher and Technical Education, Government of Maharashtra offers the State Government Open Merit Scholarship. Due to the scheme, only 12th class students who have been out of school have to help them for Higher Education and this is limited to Maharashtra State only. A total of 1208 students enrolled in Bachelor of Commerce, Arts, Law or Science programs will be benefitted under this scheme. State Government Open Merit Scholarship not only provide financial support for young girls and boys but also help to create a better future for them, their families and communities. The purpose of this scholarship is to inspire students and boys to instill courage in their minds. This organization has a sole effort to inspire girls and students will be selected through the merit list, then students are requested to give their higher secondary examination properly so that their name comes in the merit list.
|Department of Higher and Technical Education, Government of Maharashtra
|State Government Open Merit Scholarship 2023-24
|Deadline of application
|Second week of November 2023
|Graduate and Postgraduate
|Mode of Application
Important details of State Government Open Merit Scholarship
- Candidates who have passed 12th class.
- This is for Maharashtra State students only.
- Needy students will be given the first opportunity for scholarships.
- Students have to get regular classes.
- Aspirants do not essential any examination for this scholarship.
- The selection of the candidates will be their merit list awarding, students who have passed with a good number in the academy and whose name has climbed in the merit list will be given the first opportunity.
Eligibility Criteria of State Government Open Merit Scholarship
- Candidates should be the citizen of Maharashtra State in India.
- Students have to go to college and school through the regular medium.
- Students need 75% attendance marks in their previous year.
- The student should be available in Maharashtra at the time of the studies.
- Candidates Have taken admission in arts, science, commerce or law graduate program.
- Details of Renewal will be received after you pass the first level.
- Selected applicants, if the month of March INR 1000 will receive scholarships per year.
- Applicants for renewal will amount scholarship of INR 1200 per year in March.
How to apply?
- Visit the official website State Government Open Merit Scholarship. (Click here)
- The candidate has to click on the scholarship link.
- Click on the ‘New User Registration’ link.
- You will have an OTP at the time of the new registration.
- The student has to fill the form with all his details such as phone number mail id name address.
- Pay the required application fee and submit the form duly filled.
- Please see all the details before the submit form.
- After that click on the submit button.
- After this keep the registration number and keep it with you.
- A Passport Size Photo
- Statement of Student’s Bank Account
- A Valid Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Aadhar Card Number
- Mark Sheet of the last Qualifying Examinations
- College/ School Fee Receipts
Email: [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q- Which field institutes/states can edit?
Ans- The fields that can be edited are: gender, religion, category, occupation, annual income, Aadhaar number, disability, day of study scholar/hostel, IFSC code, account number, admission fee, and tuition fee. However, the reforms, if any, undertaken by the institute/state will be notified to the student immediately through SMS / Email.
Q- Do I need to get my Aadhaar card to apply for the scholarship?
Ans- Aadhaar number is not mandatory for students to apply online and fill the application form. Students can apply for the scholarship without entering an Aadhaar number. But in that case, they have to file Aadhaar Enrollment RD. For the states of Assam, Meghalaya and Mizoram Aadhaar numbers are not mandatory.
Q- How to see the details of a particular scheme?
Ans- You can click on the guidelines link for the particular scheme displayed in the On-Boarded Schemes section on the home page.