To help underprivileged students in India in their education, actor Sonu Sood has launched the Sonu Sood Scholarship. He initiated this to ensure that a shortage of finance should not act as a hindrance to education for the bright and talented students in India.
People extolled Sonu Sood earlier for his constant and selfless support to the migrant workers in India during the lockdown, since he arranged transport for them so they could reach their villages. Yet again, he set an example for others by introducing the Sonu Sood Scholarship.
He announced this on Twitter on 12th September 2021 and asked students to come forward and send him their details so that he can get back to them. He launched this scholarship in honor of his mother, therefore, the name of the scholarship- Prof. Saroj Sood Scholarship. The students from standard 10th to post-graduation are eligible for the scholarship
To avail of the scholarship, the following conditions are necessary:
- A student must be a resident or citizen of India
- Students must be pursuing any course in private or government colleges and institutions of India
- The annual income of the candidate’s family must not be more than 2 Lakh.
Students who wish to apply for the scholarship can mail at email@example.com.
The mail must contain the following:
- A brief introduction of the candidate
- Candidate’s CV or Resume
- Income certificate of the candidate’s family
- Proof of Identity(Aadhar card or voter Id card, etc)
- Caste certificate
- Educational documents of the candidate
Most probably, Sonu Sood will reach out to the students through the mail. Moreover, there is no other way of applying to the scholarship except the mail id provided.
Students who want to apply for the scholarship must be pursuing courses from the fields mentioned below:
- Management Studies
- Airlines and Tourism Industry, and many more courses.
The scholarship amount will be worked out and confirmed by Sonu Sood and it will be based on the profile of the students.