Smithsonian Institution Fellowship:- Through this article, all students can get all the information about Smithsonian Institution Fellowship, or they will receive all the information about the term and condition of Application Form Eligibility Criteria Tata Scholarship through this article. The Smithsonian Institution Fellowship Program provides opportunities for independent research or study related to the Smithsonian collections, facilities, and/or research interests of the Institute and its staff. The fellowship is granted through the Smithsonian Office of fellowship and internship. The SI Fellowship is awarded annually to undergraduate students, former doctoral students, postdoctoral and senior investigators.
Smithsonian Institution Fellowship Program should offer applicants to independent research were followed at the Smithsonian discipline and a specific and must submit a detailed research proposal, which it indicated that the Smithsonian to study why a suitable location. There are many Smithsonian Institution fellowships that can be hosted at STRI, ranging from 10 weeks to three years depending on the fellowship.
- The last date to submit the application form on 1 November 2021.
- Smithsonian Institution’s Office of Fellowships and Internships
|Authority Name||Smithsonian Institution|
|Scheme Name||Smithsonian Institution Fellowship 2021-22|
|Scholarships Offered||Undergraduate to Postgraduate|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Eligibility Criteria of Smithsonian Institution Fellowship
- Graduate students must be formally enrolled in a graduate program of study at a degree-granting institution. Fellows must still be enrolled and have completed at least one full-time semester or its equivalent prior to commencement of appointment, or have completed a graduate program within the last four months. The Graduate Student Fellowship is generally intended for students who have not yet advanced to candidacy in a doctoral program.
- Researchers whose Ph.D. The studies are completed before the fellowship begins.
- Predoctoral Fellowship: Students enrolled in a university as candidates for Ph.D. Or equivalent eligible for the anterior fellowship. By the time the appointment begins, the university must approve the undertaking of the dissertation at the Smithsonian Institution and certify that, in addition to the dissertation, the requirements for the doctorate have been met.
- Senior Fellowships: Applicants must have held a Ph.D. or equivalent for at least 7 years.
Applications are evaluated and fellows are selected, by scholars in appropriate fields, based on the merit of the proposal, the applicant’s ability to complete the proposed research and study, to meet the possibility that the research requested Can be completed in time, and to the extent that the Smithsonian has proposed through its research staff members and resources Contributed to finance research. The number of appointments made each year is determined by the availability of funds for the program. The Smithsonian Fellowship Program does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, or disability.
How to apply of Smithsonian Institution Fellowship?
- The application form will be available on the official website of the Smithsonian Institution. (Click here)
- The candidate has to click on the scholarship link
- The candidate has to register as a new user.
- This process requires some documents like Aadhar card, PAN card, Voter ID card, address proof, student phone number, etc.
- The student has to fill the form with all his details such as phone number mail id name address extra.
- Please see all the details before the submit form.
- After this click on the submit button and attach documents also.
- After this keep the registration number and keep it with you.
Office of Smithsonian Institution Fellowships and Internships
470 L’Enfant Plaza SW, Suite 7102
MRC 902 PO Box 37012
Washington, DC 20013-7012
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q- Can I apply for more than one internship and/or fellowship?
Ans- Yes! In fact, we encourage you!
Q- Can high school students apply?
Ans- Unless someone explicitly states an internship opportunity otherwise, high school students are welcome to apply. If the applicant is fourteen years of age or older but under eighteen years of age, they must attach a form of parental consent to the application unless they are applying through the SOLAA.
Q- Can I get academic credit for my internship?
Ans- Yes, but it is your responsibility to arrange to get credit with your university before arriving.
Q- How do I know when my internship or fellowship application has been accepted?
Ans- If you are selected for an appointment, you will receive an award letter in your email. Until you get a response depends on a lot of things: what internship you applied for, the time of year, as well as how many other applicants there are so it’s hard to say how much time to get a response Will to apply.
Q- What do I wear for my internship/fellowship?
Ans- All offices have different dress codes, so ask your trainee/partner coordinator before arriving.
Q- How does the ID process work?
Ans- All academic appointments in residence for 30 days or longer must be sent to the Office of Conservation Services (OPS) Personnel Security and ID for background approval from the museum unit. The trainee/partner must make an appointment with the OPS using the OPS appointment scheduler.
Q- What programs and dates should I specify in an application for a general internship pool?
Ans- For the general internship pool you can input the dates that are most ideal for you, and select the units or programs that appeal to you the most.