SHDF Scholarship 2023-24: Sikh Human Development Foundation (SHDF) offers the SHDF Scholarship in 2022. Or the scholarship has been specially designed for the students, who are studying the professional course, this organization has brought a golden opportunity for those who want to study for a professional course. This scholarship is awarded to students every year for their further studies for their higher future so that they do not face any dilemma related to their professional courses. Scholarship selection is done through the study of students, students who are very good in their field and pass the top number will be given the first opportunity. SDHF, the associate partner of Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council (Regd.), New Delhi (Nishkam) is responsible for organizing, organizing and promoting scholarships and workshops in India. The candidates who remain selected for this scholarship will be given an amount of up to 30,000 for their studies.
Last dates to submit the application form
- 30th September, 2023
|Authority Name||Sikh Human Development Foundation (SHDF)|
|Scheme Name||SHDF Scholarship 2023|
|Scholarships Offered||Professional courses|
|Scholarship amount||Up to 30,000|
|Selection of students||Through the written and interview|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
Important details of SHDF Scholarship
- Sikh Human Development Foundation (SHDF) is an organization run by NRIs based in Washington, USA.
- It is worth their scholarship who are doing professional courses.
- SHDF Scholarship will be given first to those students whose family conditions weak.
- There is also a renewable option of scholarship which is done on an annual basis.
- This scholarship will not be available to a corresponding or open learning students.
- Both the boy or girl is eligible for the scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria of SHDF Scholarship
These scholarships are available only for pursuing a professional diploma, degree, or postgraduate courses in a recognized institution/University in India. The term professional course includes, (but is not limited to), engineering, architecture, information technology, computer science, medical, nursing, pharmacology, home science, education, business management, agriculture, animal husbandry, and the like. Students who appeared in Class X & XII Examination (Academic year 2023-24) can also apply and take the Written Test and Interview, but the scholarship will be granted, if found eligible, only on getting admission for a professional course in recognized Institute.
- The applicant must have obtained at least 60% marks in the previous two examinations.
- The gross family income of the applicant must not exceed Rs. 2,50,000/- per annum.
- The applicant must maintain an active e-mail account for correspondence with Nishkam. He/she must mention a Mobile and alternative telephone number for easy communication.
- The written test consists of the following two papers Punjabi language, English language
DETAILS OF WRITTEN TEST
The written test consists of following two papers (in Punjabi language): –
Paper I: Elementary test in punjabi language will be from General Grammar and the students will have to prepare by selfstudy. One question in English language (on any general topic) will also be asked.
Paper II: Religious and Moral studies will be from a book ‘NAITIK SIKHIYA’ published by Guru Gobind Singh Study Circle, Ludhiana
The book NAITIK SIKHIYA , published by Guru Gobind Singh Study Circle is available on payment basis at book stalls
at the different centres in Punjab as per list appended below. The students from New Delhi may purchase the book from
Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council, B-Block, Tilak Vihar, New Delhi-110018.
How to apply of SHDF Scholarship?
- First of all, students will have to download the application form from the official website of Nishkam. (Click Here)
- Students have to fill their application form without any mistakes.
- Candidates will have to give their personal and educational details.
- Students will also have to attach their two passport size photos to their document.
- So as to reach Nishkam office in New Delhi (by mail or delivered personally) latest by 27th July 2022. Incomplete Forms/ Forms received after the due date will be summarily rejected.
Attach the following documents along with filled in and duly signed by applicant & parent / guardian Application Form: –
- Three recent photographs with your signature at the appropriate place in the Application Form and ONE (without signature) with your name on the backside of it in an envelope to be attached to the form).
- Mark sheets of 10th Class Examination, Sr. Secondary Examination & later exam.
- DMC /Attested copies of Gazette (for the Examinations passed during 2023) of professional courses. (exams held before Jan 2023).
- Copies of Fees receipts paid for the academic year 2023. No handwritten Receipts will be accepted.
- Must attach attested copy of latest Income Tax Return / Employer Certificate/Pension Details mentioning yearly income, details of agricultural land acreage, and annual income.
- Photocopy of the front page of the passbook or cancelled cheque leaflet having your name on the cheque.
Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council (Regd.)
SHDF Division, Nishkam Bhawan,
B-Block, Tilak Vihar,
New Delhi –110018
Students whose application form is correct then their application form will be accepted, after which they will get a notification for the written test according to their given mail id according to which they will be given date, time, and an exam center and a few weeks before the exam starts. Admit card will also be received from your mail-id.
Candidates who clear the written test will have to do an interview which will be revealed after your written exam.
- Attested Family Income certificate.
- Address proof & Id Proof
- Passport size photograph
- previous year mark sheets should be attested by the Gazetted Officer.
Term and Condition
- The applicants have to submit their application form before the last date and it is mandatory to have their signature in the application form.
- An application form has to be filled in the BLOCK LETTERS in English.
- Candidates will be required to bring their Admit Card and ID Proof while coming for the written tests and interviews.
- Each candidate is required to score a minimum of 50% marks in the paper.
- Please inform immediately of any CHANGE in your POSTAL ADDRESS or E-MAIL ID or PHONE NUMBER.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q- Where do I send my documents?
Ans- All SHDF scholarship documents must be uploaded to the CollegeBoard IDOC service, which is the safest way to handle these sensitive documents. Any documents sent to our office via mail or fax will be immediately canceled for your privacy.
Q- What should I do if, by mistake, I choose the wrong category and apply for the wrong scheme?
A- You can make new registration by entering the right category, applying for the scholarship of that scheme. The institution is to be informed of the error so that there is the permanent rejection of your incorrect application.
Q- Do I have to fill an online application in the meeting?
Ans- You can fill the online application as long as you want You are satisfied that you [desirabre fields correctly; Software provides Facility to save your application at every level.