Scholarship Financial Assistance (IIST):– The Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), a Deemed to be University and an autonomous body under the Department of Space (DOS), was formed in 2007. Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology invites Scholarship Financial Assistance to Undergraduate students as well as Postgraduate students. Supporting students technically through scholarship is the only goal. Scholarship Financial Assistance (IIST) Depending on the category and academic performance of the candidate during a semester, part of the semester fees paid by the candidate / full will be returned at the end of the semester, after the announcement of the semester exam results. This financial aid, funded by the Department of Space (DOS) Government.
Benefits of Scholarship Financial Assistance (IIST)
- Tuition Fee:- 20000/-
- Establishment Charges:- 8000/-
- Student Amenity Fee:- 4000/-
- Medical Fee:-2000/-
- Hostel and dining charges:-14400/-
GENERAL and OBC-NCL category students
Upon achieving a grade point average (GPA) of 7.5 and above (on a scale of 10) in any semester, the student becomes eligible for full semester fees in the form of DoS assistantship and hence Rs. 48,400 will be returned at the end of the semester.
For SC/ST Category Students
Upon achieving a grade point average (GPA) of 6.5 and above in any semester (on a scale of 10), the student becomes eligible for the full semester fee in the form of DoSassistanceship and hence Rs. 48,400 / -Shall be refunded at the end of the semester. Upon achieving a GPA between 5.5 and 6.5 in any semester (on a scale of 10), the student becomes eligible for DoS Assistance and hence only semester tuition fees as Rs.20000 / – are refunded at the end of the semester will be given.
- Research scholars selected for IIST Ph.D. programme with Post Graduate (PG) Degree in Basic Science with NET or equivalent qualification OR Graduate Degree in Professional Course with NET or equivalent qualification OR Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course will receive a Fellowship of Rs.31000/- per month.
- After two years of research experience, their performance will be evaluated by a review committee. Based on the review, the fellowship amount may be enhanced to Rs.35000/- per month.
- The scholars will be required to assist the Departments in tutorials / practicals or related academic activities normally limited to 6 hours per week
- The scholars will have to pay for the services provided by the Institute like boarding / lodging / medical facilities etc., as per IIST rules.
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
Valiamala,Thiruvananthapuram – Kerala
Phone: 0471-2568477 / 478
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
You can edit all details except “Registration Details”. It may be noted
that once you ‘finally submit’ your application it will be forwarded to the next level and after that, you cannot edit further.
Apply — it’s that simple! Many students assume they won’t win, and so they don’t apply. Many scholarships go unclaimed every year. Once you’ve figured out the scholarship you qualify for, start applying. You’ll probably hear back from the award admin before you know it.
All year long! Many awards go along with the post-secondary school year, but far from all. Check out Scholarship Financial Assistance frequently for new awards and upcoming deadlines.
Applicants/Students who have entered Aadhaar in their online. The application correctly and if their Aadhaar is linked to any of their bank accounts, in such cases, the amount of Scholarship will be credited to that Aadhaar linked bank account only even if the student has mentioned any other non-Aadhaar linked bank account in her/his online application.
All financial aid documents must be uploaded to the CollegeBoard IDOC service, the most secure method of handling these sensitive documents. Any documents sent to our office via mail or fax will be immediately shredded for your privacy.
A comprehensive search facility including a partial name search is available at the institution name Level. A drop-down list of districts is also available.