The National Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme ( NMMSS 2023-24 ). According to Director Psychology Usha Chandra, students can apply on the official website www.entdata.co.in until 15 March 2023. Through this scholarship (NMMSS), one lakh deserving students across the country from class 9th to 12th, one thousand, i.e. every year, 12 thousand rupees scholarships are sent directly to the student’s account.
Due to Corona, this scholarship (National Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme) was not organized yet this year, but applications have been started after the situation became normal. According to the scholarship rules, only unreserved and OBC candidates who got 55 percent marks in 7th and SC/ST candidates who got 50 percent marks, whose parents’ annual income does not exceed 1.5 lakhs, could apply.
But due to Corona, students were promoted to the 8th class without taking the exam; that is why for the first time this year, the Department of School Education and Literacy of the Ministry of Education abolished the requirement of marks for the students who applied. The special thing about the NMMSS exam is that no fee will be charged.
How to register National Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme 2023
- First, go to the homepage of the National Scholarship Portal and click on ‘New Registration‘.
- Read the directions carefully, select the undertaking and click on ‘Continue‘.
- Select Student Address, Scholarship Category, Scheme Type (Scholarship Scheme), Gender, Enter Applicant Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Email ID.
- Provide Bank Details (Bank Name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as the identification details and click on the ‘Register‘ button.
- The mobile number will be verified, and an OTP will be generated.
- Now, log in using OTP and fill out the form.
- An Application ID and Password will be generated. Use it for future references.