Scholarships For Poor Students: Scholarship for poor school students in India grants for low-income students to complete their higher education. These scholarships are basically provided on both pre and post-matric level by central and state government to improve the education level in the country. Here we have some detailed information regarding the government and private scholarship programs for economically poor students to continue their studies further. Education is the basic right of each child if he/she took birth in this life.
Complete List of CG Scholarships with Eligibility Criteria, Documents Required, Deadline, Benefits Scholarship Amount, and Other Updates of CG Scholarship Portal 2.0 Link From Here.
Scholarships For Economically Weaker Students in India
Here is a list of all graduate universities which provide financial assistance as well with education. Education plays a vital role in the life of a person, it will educate you and guide you to survive in life and face all the challenges of life. The problems when comes to someone’s life didn’t see the color, caste, religion, gender or money but it just on the way towards your life. So one should be prepared well for this and must do his/her homework to face the challenges. To survive you need money and for that, you must be educated enough to apply for a job.
To support the economically weaker students financially the Indian government has many scholarship schemes. So it’s become a bit easy to study further and you can support your family in the future. Eligibility criteria and scholarship amounts vary from one scholarship scheme to another. The duration of the scholarship depends upon the course candidate is pursuing.
However, access to higher education has improved with the passage of time and the advent of scholarships and grants from numerous educational institutions. Even the government has launched initiatives to support these bright but underprivileged candidates. To be eligible for these awards, applicants must submit their applications before the deadline.
Some scholarship programs for poor students are discussed here in detail.
Shubh Aarambh Scholarship program
The official authorities of Mondelez International and the Magic Bus India Foundation support the poor students to study further. This scholarship is imparted to the 12th passed candidates so that they can continue their further studies for the graduation degree, post-graduation degree, etc.
- Ø This scholarship will be awarded to the students whose family annual income is below 3 lakh.
- Ø The scholarship reward will be of approx. 40,000 INR years.
- Ø The due date to apply will be August 2021.
- Candidates between the age of 17-20 years are eligible to apply for UG courses.
- Candidates qualified for the scholarship, are required to submit affidavit mentioning that all the documents provided are valid.
- If the candidates fail in any exam or discontinue the study during the process, the scholarship will also be canceled.
National Means Cum Merit Scholarship
The official authorities of the Department of School Education & Literacy, Ministry of Human resource Development initiated this scholarship program to support the young talents to give them a platform to explore their ideas and to study to further.
Ø This scholarship will be awarded to support the poor students of 8th class for further class.
Ø The selected candidates will be rewarded with a scholarship of 6000 yearly.
Ø The due date to apply for the course is October 2021.
To register for this course the family income of the candidate must be below INR 6 Lakh.
Swami Dayanand Education Foundation Merit-cum-Means-Scholarship
The trust of the Swami Dayanand Education Foundation provides financial support to the students for applying in the engineering field, medical field, IT, Pharmacy etc to explore themselves. This scholarship will be awarded to the meritorious candidates of 12th.
- Ø To be eligible for this course the candidate’s family yearly revenue must not exceed 6 lakh annually.
- Ø The candidate will be awarded scholarship as a tution fee amounted to 50,000 annually.
- Ø The due date to apply is August 2021.
Merck India Charitable Trust (MICT) Scholarship Program:
The trustees of Merck India Charitable Trust initiated this scholarship program to support the matric passed out poor students to process further. This scholarship will support the students to continue their higher studies for 11th and 12th.
- Ø Those candidates passed with 80% and above in 10th are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Ø The annual income of the student’s family must be below 20,000 monthly.
- Ø The due date to apply for the course is August 2021.
NSF Scholarship Program
The official authorities of North South Foundation support the 12th passed out meritorious students to continue their studies further in technical, medical, architecture, IT, Pharmacy fields. The eligible candidates will get some financial support in tuition fee.
- This scholarship will be awarded to the poor candidates who will pass 12th class with good percentage.
- The annual income of the candidate’s family must be below 90000 yearly.
- The reward amount will be 25000 INR annually.
- The due date to apply for the scholarship is 15th September 2021.
Baba Gurbachan Singh Scholarship Program:
Baba Gurbachan Singh Scholarship Scheme will support the pursuing students of diploma or any other technical courses. With this scholarship, the financially weaker candidates of the class can study further and will get some support.
- The household revenue of the applicant’s family must be less than 5 lakh annually.
- The candidates will receive a 100% tuition fee as a scholarship, under this scheme.
- The due date to apply is September 2021.
These scholarships have benefitted thousands of candidates.
NGO Scholarship for Poor Students
Non-Government Organisations or NGO provides various scholarship for poor students. Apart from providing social welfare to poor society, various NGOs offer Scholarships to poor and needy students. ONGC Foundation, Sitaram Jindal Foundation, North South Foundation & more are the top leading NGOs that gives out money support to the underprivileged students.