The Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS) is being offered by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) to those students who are belonging from Jammu and Kashmir. Each year, the Ministry of Human Resource Development publishes official website notifications for this scholarship. The government has started this scholarship for the students of Jammu and Kashmir So that they can improve their life with their studies and improve the social problem around them. It provides quality education facilities to the students to equip them with knowledge, skills, experience, and training for higher academic level/profession. This scholarship is selected during the Merit-based Scholarship, according to which, if you are selected, then you will be given the help of up to three lakhs for further studies through this scholarship.
|Authority Name||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Scheme Name||Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme 2021|
|Scholarships Offered||Jammu and Kashmir State|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Important details of Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship
- Aspirants can not apply online applications for this scholarship on AICTE Portal.
- Students who are studying at Open University are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Students who are already benefiting from other scholarships are not eligible for the scheme.
- Aspirants who have got their admission done through NGO cannot apply for the scholarship.
- Candidates who are absent during counseling will not be considered for this scholarship.
- Aspirants who are studying for post-graduation are not eligible for this
- Students who joined a college other than those in AICTE Portal
Who is offering this scholarship?
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) offer the Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme 2021.
Selection procedure of Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship
Admission on merit basis through centralized counseling conducted by AICTE.
|Online application releasing date||Second week of April 2021|
|Closing date for an application form||Second week of May 2021|
|Merit list publishing dates||Third week of June 2021|
Eligibility Criteria of Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship
- Candidates must be residents of Jammu and Kashmir in India.
- Students who have passed 10 + 3 diploma in the second year for admission from Jammu and Kashmir State Polytechnic directly against the prescribed list of colleges in the vacant seats of the previous year.
- Students who pass the national level entrance exam NEET, JEE, CLAT, etc run by Central / State Governments are also eligible for the Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship.
- For admission to architecture studies, their qualification should be a NATA exam.
- Students can pass their 10th 12th class from any board of Jammu and Kashmir or they can also pass from CBSE board which is a school affiliated.
- Students’ family income should not go above 8 lakh.
So far, 500 Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship has been awarded to students who are studying for General Degree, Engineering Degree, and Medical Degree. The scholarship has been divided into three parts.
How to apply of Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship?
- First of all, the students visit the official website of PMSSS. (Click Here)
- You must create an ID.
- After that, you will have to apply for the same password and mail ID for the Scholarship.
- At the time of application, students have to choose the category 12th and diploma.
- You have to give documents with this and you should have your scanned photo and scan signature, which you will attach to the application.
- After this, students will have to submit their bank details.
- After that, submit the requested document according to the application form.
- Next, accept the declaration and submit the form.
- Domicile certificate of J&K
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Diploma Certificate
- Family Income Certificate
- Aadhaar card
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Valid Caste certificate for SC/ST/SEBC
Plot 1A, Dakshin Marg ,
Sector 36-A, Chandigarh, 160036.
Phone – 0172-2613326, 0172-2661201
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q- How will the students be selected?
Ans- The eligible students will get selected on the basis of their academic merit.
Q- Who is eligible to apply for scholarship schemes?
Ans- Students who confirm the scheme guidelines of various ministries are eligible for this Apply for these scholarships. These are available on the portal’s home page.
Q- How to check the status of my application?
Ans- Students can check the status of online application by submitting their application Permanent ID and date of birth and open link “check your status”.
Q- Who is eligible to apply for Scholarship Schemes?
Ans- students fulfilling the scheme guidelines of various Ministries are eligible to apply for these scholarships. These are available on the Home page of the portal.
Q- How to view the details of a particular scheme?
Ans- You may click on Guidelines link of particular Scheme displaying in On-Boarded schemes section on the Home page.
Q- How to overcome the problem of Login even after getting system generated Application lD and DOB as Password?
Ans- The “Forgot Application ld” option may be used and this problem can be overcome by using Search by Bank Account Number and Search by Mobile Number.
Q- How to track the status of my application?
Ans- An option “Check Your Status” is available once you log in with Application ld and DOB.