PMRF Scholarship 2021-22: Central Government has invited PMRF Application form 2021 for the session 2021-22. The main aim of this PMRF Scholarship program is to provide candidates for researches. Check Out the article and find out all the details of the PM Research Fellowship Scholarship amount, eligibility criteria apply online procedure, PMRF Application Form 2021 pdf download from pmrf.in.
The following would be the fellowship for the PMRFs:
Apart from this, each Fellow would be eligible for a research grant of Rs. 2 Lakhs per year (total of Rs 10 Lakhs for five years).
PMRF Notification and Dates
Prime Minister’s Fellowship for Doctoral Research (PMRF) scheme is the government approved a scheme for those students who have completed BTech or who’re in the final year of B.tech or integrated M.Tech or M.sc. in Science and technology scheme.
Prime Minister of Research Fellowship
www.desw.gov.in scholarship The scheme encourages full-time Ph.D. scholars to pursue research in “focus areas” identified by industries as well as of national priorities. Such students will be offered a fellowship of Rs.70,000/- per month for the first two years, Rs.75,000/- per month for the 3rd year, and Rs.80,000/- per month in the 4th and 5th years. Apart from this, a research grant of Rs 2 lakh will be provided to each of the Fellows for a period of 5 years to cover their foreign travel expenses for presenting research papers. There are 100 slots of fellowships available annually to researchers to pursue Ph.D. in reputed technology and research institutions in India. Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) on behalf of SERB implements the scheme.
The PMRF online application portal is now open for the session 2021-22.
The deadline for submission of applications is 11.30 pm, 07 April 2021.
The applicants for the PMRF should:
• They must have completed or been pursuing the final year of four (or five) year undergraduate or five years integrated M.Tech or five years integrated M.Sc.or five-year undergraduate-postgraduate dual degree programs in Science and Technology streams from IIEST/IISc/IITs/NITs/IISERs and centrally funded IIITs;
• They must have secured at least CGPA/CPI of 8.0. For applicants in five years integrated or dual degree programs if separate CGPAs/CPIs are awarded for UG and PG parts of the program then the CGPA/CPI of UG part will be considered.
• They must have completed the required academic qualification in the last five years.
Prime Ministers Research Fellowship Process
- Firstly visit to the official website https://may2021.pmrf.in/ of PMRF 2021 apply for online registration.
- Click on “Please Click Here to Apply Online” and proceed further.
- Select the “Qualification” option and fill the section 1 about eligibility.
- On the next page, in section 2, fill personal, education details and upload photograph and required documents.
- Pay the application fee of INR 1500 online through the link provided in the application form.
- After successful payment of the application fee, upload the application fee receipt and submit the form.
Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
The IP ownership will be mutually decided by partnering academic institution, PhD scholar and the sponsoring industry. SERB & FICCI will hold no right on IP (if any) generated out of the PhD research.
Documents required for PMRF Scholarship 2021
- Recent Passport Size Picture
PhD Enrolment & Registration Certificate
- 10th, 12th, Graduation & Post-Graduation Certificate
- A scan of Other Degree / Diploma Certificate (if applicable)
- Profile of host institute
- Bio-data of Ph.D. Supervisor, not exceeding 3 pages
- Profile of Partner Company with Logo
Bio-data of Industry Mentor, not exceeding 3 pages
- Undertaking from the Research Supervisor and Head of the Organization of the Institute / University
- Undertaking from the Industry Partner in the Research Project
- Letter from the Industry Partner (on company’s letterhead) on the research problem and the future plans for implementation.
|Address:||Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad
Kandi, Sangareddy – 502285
PMRF Selection process:-
Final selection for the award of SERB’s Prime Minister’s Fellowship for Doctoral Research will be done following a rigorous selection process.
Q. What is Prime Ministers Research Fellowship?
A. Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF) scheme is aimed at attracting the talent pool of the country to doctoral (Ph.D.) programmes of Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Indian Institutes of Science Education & Research (IISERs) and Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) for carrying out research in cutting edge science and technology domains, with focus on national priorities.
Q. Which are the institutes where Prime Ministers Research Fellowship Fellows can join to undertake research work as a Ph.D. student?
A. The institutes are the IISc, IITs and IISERs.
Q. Does Prime Ministers Research Fellowship scheme apply for part-time Ph.D.?
A. No, Prime Ministers Research Fellowship is for undertaking full-time Ph.D. program at IISc, IITs and IISERs.
Q. How many times can I apply for fellowship under the Prime Ministers Research Fellowship scheme?
A. You can apply two times provided all eligibility criteria are met each time.
Q. I completed my MTech from NIT in June 2016 with a CGPA 8.96. Will I be eligible to apply for 2021 May Prime Ministers Research Fellowship?
A. No you are not eligible to apply for 2021 May Prime Ministers Research Fellowship.