PG scholarship for university rank holders:- The list is inviting village commission students who are first and second Rank holders to cross country at graduation level. The only purpose of this scholarship is to reach out to the brightest students and wish to pursue further studies for post-graduation but are able to study further due to their Financial problems. Scholarships for a period of two years may be timetable to enable holders of each university upon graduation to pursue a master’s degree. The University Grants Commission, therefore, introduced a postgraduate merit scholarship scheme for university graduate rank holders.
PG scholarship for university rank holders Highlight
- Slots: 3000
- To build academic excellence at the graduate level in colleges and universities in the country.
- To promote study in the basic curriculum at the undergraduate level.
- To award meritorious students with excellent performance at the undergraduate level for Postgraduates studies.
|PG scholarship for university rank holders Online application releasing date||Second week of July 2021|
|Closing date for an application form||31 January 2021|
|Last date for defective verification||14 February 2021|
|Last date for institute verification||14 February 2021|
Who gives the Scholarship?
- This scholarship is being given by the University Grant Commission by the Government of India.
PG scholarship for university rank holders awarded
Through the scholarship, you will get ₹ 3100 for further studies i.e. post-graduation which is for 2 years. In the scholarship, you will be paid only for studies, you will not get any hostel medical charges. You cannot take any other activity for the duration of this scholarship.
- To get this scholarship, candidates have to study for post-graduation.
- Students who have achieved first and second position rank holders for the PG scholarship for university rank holders.
- Candidates are being requested to submit their Merit list position and post-graduation admission receipt.
- Candidates should be up to 30 years of age at the time of post-graduation admission.
- Only college students going through regular mode for scholarship are eligible.
- The Undergraduate courses from the following streams have been identified for the award of scholarships: 1. Life Sciences 2. Physical Sciences 3. Chemical Sciences 4. Earth Sciences 5. Mathematical Sciences 6. Social Sciences 7. Commerce 8. Languages.
- Affiliated Universities (State / Center): 100; Deemed universities / private universities / 25 autonomous colleges / non-affiliated colleges.
- If the student does not achieve 60% percentile in First Master.
- Misconduct of the awardee, if any, reported by the University/ Institution.
- Scholarships awarded under this scheme will be kept fresh during the duration of the postgraduate course subject for the maintenance of good conduct and scheduled attendance.
- PG scholarship for university rank holders will come to the renewal only when you fill the renewal form next year.
- Last year’s awardees will continue to follow the UGC pattern of assistance through designated bank branches of Canara Bank.
- The scheme will be implemented and monitored by the UGC.
- Changes in the course of study will not be allowed.
Students who have appeared in the examination at the undergraduate level as per the following table.
|Nature of Institution||Number of students who appeared in examination at the undergraduate level|
|Affiliating Universities (State/ Central)||100|
|Deemed Universities/ Private Universities / Autonomous Colleges / Non-affiliated
How to apply OF PG scholarship for university rank holders?
- First of all, students have to click on the National Scholarship Portal. (Click Here)
- You have to create such a new user ID.
- To create a new ID, you have to give your phone number and mobile number date of birth, address proof.
- You also have to provide your bank details and IFSC code.
- After this, after making your Aadhaar and bank number identification, you have to click on the new registration button.
- After clicking on the new registration, you will get an OTP number on your registration number.
- After filling in the OTP, start filling your application form.
- Students have to keep their ID and password so that they can go through this and check their application status.
Important details due to applying for the scholarship
- The incomplete application form will be rejected.
- Candidates must apply through online.
- Regarding the university/institute should verify that the applicant is mentioned in the guideline, one of the specified total numbers of students who appeared in the examination at graduation is the first or second rank holder.
- Scholars will be awarded as per the information provided and verified in the online application by the university/institute/college on the date of joining the postgraduate first-year course.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q- Do I need to be an Indian Citizen to qualify?
Ans- Yes, you should be an Indian Citizen to qualify for the Programme. You are also eligible if you are conferred the status of a refugee by the Indian Government and hold a valid passport issued by the Indian Government.
Q- How can I apply for a scholarship online?
Ans- In order to apply online, please visit the website through URL in https://www.ugc.ac.in/urh/
Q- How to check the status of my application?
Ans- Students can check the status of online application by submitting their application Permanent ID and date of birth and open link “check your status”.
Q- How to solve the login problem even after the system is generated Application as id and password?
Ans- The “Forgotten Applications lD” option can be used and this can be a problem Away by search by bank account number and search by mobile number.
Q- Will login credentials be sent via SMS?
Ans- Yes. Application ID and password sent by SMS.
Q- How to track the status of my application?
Ans- An option “check your status” is available after application ld and login date of birth.
Q- How to submit the online renewal application?
Ans- Renewal: Renewal students have to apply with their Application form and Date of Birth which they registered for the previous year. Students can also use Forgot Application lD to retrieve their lD. Only those students would be able to Renew who had actually got the scholarship payments last year.