National Overseas Scholarship Scheme for SC/ST Students, The Indian constitution gives equal rights to all the citizens of our country. But some special benefits to the citizens belong to the Scheduled castes(SC) or scheduled tribes(ST). Some official authorities of Social Justice and Empowerment of Tribal Affairs, Minority Affairs, women and child and Human Resource Development, etc helps them to comes up and participate in the education and many other activities. There are many scholarship programs which are offered to the students’ Schedule castes or scheduled tribes to come up and to unfold their hidden talents. The Total family salary shouldn’t surpass a measure of Rs. 6, 00,000 as guaranteed by the concerned government experts or the business.
The NOS portal is open from 1-9-2021 to 15-10-2021 (5.00 p.m.) for submission of on line application through the Portal. All the desired candidates are advised to go through the Scheme Guidelines of NOS (SC) 2020-21 before submission of application (Scheme guidelines are available in the portal)
Top National Overseas Scholarship Schemes For SC/ST Students 2021
To support the ST’s the Indian government have many laws and scholarship programs through which the students can apply for their further studies and can choose the fields of their interests including Engineering, Medical, Pharmacy, Management, Arts, Science, and Commerce, etc. Here we discussed all the scholarships schemes available in India for SCT/ST especially.
How to apply for the National Overseas scholarship program in India?
The eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship program for overseas studies, candidates need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria.
- The candidate to apply must be below 35 years in age.
- The annual income of the candidate’s family must be below 6 lakhs annually.
- To register for a graduate program the candidates need to be 12th qualified with minimum 60% marks from well-recognized central board or state government board.
- To apply for a post-graduation course the candidates must be graduate in the relevant field with minimum 55% marks from a well-recognized university of an institution. And if the candidate has 2 years’ experience in the relevant stream will be preferable
- To apply for a Ph.D. program the candidate must a postgraduate in the relevant field with minimum 55%. And some experience in the teaching fields or in the research field will be appreciable.
National Scholarship Rewards to be given to the students as scholarship
The candidates need to apply online for the scholarship program. The top 20 candidates selected by the official authorities for the scholarship award. As per the norms, 17 candidates will be awarded the scholarship form the Schedule castes or scheduled tribes, 3 candidates will be selected from the vulnerable tribal groups, and 6 seats are reserved for the girl students to explore their ideas.
Note: As the scholarship award the candidates will get financial support for the education, accommodation and other necessary things.
Number of seat allotment for the students
- There are 7 scholarship rewards to apply in the field of Engineering, Management and Economics/Finance.
- There are 3 scholarship rewards to apply in the field of Pure Science, applied science.
- There are 5 scholarship rewards to apply in the field of Agriculture and Medicine.
- There are 5 scholarship rewards to apply in the field of Humanities and Social science.
The duration for which the scholarship will be valid
- For 3-4 years while applying for a graduate-level course.
- For 1-2 years while applying for a Masters level course.
- For 1 to 1.5 years while applying for a research-level course.
How to apply online for the scholarships in overseas studies
- Firstly visit the online portal of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs. (https://www.tribal.nic.in/)
- Register online for the scholarship.
- Fill the required details and attaché the specimen docs required.
- Now clicks on the submit option.
Terms and conditions applied
- The single child will applicable per family to apply for this scholarship.
- Preferred those who already fulfill the criteria of overseas universities and have the official letter of admission.
- To apply the candidates must have a valid score card of GMAT/GRE/TOFEL etc.
All the best to the luckiest candidates selected for the scholarship.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which stream is covered through the National Overseas Scholarship?
Through this scholarship, students will have to cover five main streams.
i) Engineering and Management
ii) Pure Sciences and Applied Sciences
iii) Agricultural Sciences and Medicine
iv) International Commerce, Accounting Finance
v) Humanities, Social Science &Fine Arts
What is the minimum qualification?
In the case of scholarships for a master’s degree abroad, the minimum required qualification is a bachelor’s degree, while for a Ph.D., the minimum qualification required is a Master’s degree.
What is the application procedure?
An applicant can apply for the National Overseas Scholarship only through an online portal. The address of the portal is http://nosmsje.gov.in/.
What documents are required to fill the form?
Students will get all the information related to the application through the official website http://nosmsje.gov.in/.Detailed documents and other details required to fill the form are available in the portal.
What to do after getting admission?
After a candidate receives confirmation of admission in foreign by educational institutions, the candidate needs to make suggestions for this ministry which in turn can validate it through Indian Missions abroad. After the approval of the coronation of admission, this Ministry will issue a “confirmation award letter” to the concerned candidate, which will also indicate the details of the syllabus, educational institute, etc.