Madras Summer Fellowship Program:- IIT Madras is India’s oldest institute of technology, which has produced many scientists in India. Indian Institution Technology has appeared for the Madras Summer Fellowship Program for students who are very good in studies and have a high interest in Research Management Science and Humanities etc. The duration of the programme may commence from 20th May 2021 to 19th July 2021. (Schedule may be flexible to suit student’s convenience.
Online Application Submission begins on
12th January 2021
Last date for Online Application Submission
26th February 2021 at 5.00 pm.
- A sum of Rs.6000/- per month will be given as a stipend for a maximum period of 2 months.
- Letter from the Institute should certify that you are a bonafide student issued by the Head of Institution (download template of UG/DD bonafide and PG Bonafide.
Eligibility Criteria of Madras Summer Fellowship Program
- Candidates pursuing 3rd year of B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc. (Engg) or 3rd or 4th year of Integrated M.E./M.Tech.
- Students are in 1st year of ME/M.Tech/M.Sc./M.A, MBA with an outstanding academic background in terms of high ranks in university examinations are encouraged to apply.
- Highlighting their academic performance and achievement including papers presented at seminars, projects executed, design contests participated, score/rank in Mathematics Olympiad and any other awards/distinctions obtained.
- IIT students are not eligible to apply.
- Aerospace Engineering
- Applied Mechanics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
Computer Science & Engineering
- Engineering Design
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Ocean Engineering
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Management Studies
How to apply for Madras Summer Fellowship Program?
First Create a new account
- First of all, students have to go to the home page of the official website.
- You have to click on New Create Account, enter your mail id and password.
- The email will be sent with the address “email@example.com”. Watch out if this email lands in your spam folder.
- If for some reason you forget your password, after clicking on the forget password below you can create a new password.
- You can check your application status from anywhere and anytime with that password and login-id.
- First of all, students will have the official site of the Madras Summer Fellowship Program. (Click Here)
- Please read all the details given to you on the application form.
- When filling the application form, please note that you enter your email ID and phone number correctly
- Form-1 linked as “Add/Edit Profile” allows you to complete the details that appear in the block titled “Personal Details”. You can edit this page any number of times using the same link.
- Form-2 linked as “Add/Edit Academic details ” allows you to complete the details that appear in the block titled “Academic Details”. You can edit this page any number of times using the same link.
Document are required
- Passport size Photograph
- Bonafide certificate
- 10th, +2
- UG Marksheet
- diploma degree
Note:- Hard copy of the application is NOT to be sent to the Institute/Department
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
No, the application may only be submitted once the validation/recognition procedure has been completed. The application portal will require information that is only available from your issued Certificate of Recognition. It is advisable that you apply for official recognition of qualifications as far ahead of the application deadline as possible.
The role of the document in the final is very important because if the students clear all rounds, the documents will be needed for their further processing. Students will have to print out the original document and the authority so that further programs can be extended.
You have to submit an Original Caste Certificate, Original Income Certificate, Copy of High School Certificate, Copy of the first page of Bank Passbook (showing IFSC Code of the Bank & Bank Account Number), and Handicap Certificate (if any) along with the printout of the Application. Institute would verify the original certificates & return back to the students
Yes. An Application ID will be provided to the candidate once his/her
application is submitted online. It will be conveyed to candidates through SMS. Students should remember their ID as it will be required while applying for renewal during subsequent years. The receipt of ID does not give itself a guaranteed award of scholarship.
No. You can fill up the online application in as many sittings as you wish, until you are satisfied that you have entered a[ desirable fields correctly. The software provides The facility to save your application at every stage.