Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana 2021
The Department of Posts is propelling a Scholarship Scheme called Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana. It is available for the kids of Standard VI to IX. This scholarship grants Rs 60000 amount per annum to the selected students. The Deen Dayal scholarship is offering to the students having good records in academics and has some hobby in Philately.
Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana 2021-22 has been suspended for the year 2021-22.
Details of Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana Scholarship
- Regular students who are studying in class VI-IX in recognized schools are only eligible for the scholarship
- It is offering by the Government of India Departments.
- Rs 6000 per annum and rs 500 each month giving to the selected top 10 students
- Award 920 scholarships to students at PAN India level for pursuing Philately as a hobby.
- Every Postal Circle will give a maximum of 40 scholarships to 10 students each from Standard VI, VII, VIII & IX.
- Scholarships should be provided only 1 year. Candidates having scholarship before he/she needs to follow other eligibility criteria
- Scholarships will give only to the selected candidates
- Each participating school has assigned a Philately mentor
Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana Eligibility
• Candidate must be a student of a recognized school within India.
• The candidate must have a good academic record.
- At the time of selection, the candidate must have scored at least 60% marks or equivalent grade/ grade point in the recent final examination.
- There will be 5% relaxation for SC/ST.
• Concerned school should have a Philately Club and the candidate should be a member of the Club.
Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana Application Form
- A committee constituted at the circle level consisting of Postal Officials and renowned Philatelists would evaluate the Project work on Philately submitted by the candidate.
- Selections under the Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana would be made based on the evaluation of Project work on Philately & performance in Philately Quiz conducted by the Circles.
- Project topics have been issuing by the circles
Disbursement of Scholarship
• Each Postal Circle will select the awardees and hand over the list of beneficiaries to IPPB/POSB for payment of scholarship.
• IPPB/POSB will ensure that the scholarship is paid to awardees on a quarterly basis (Rs. 1500/- each quarter) after getting the list from each Circle.
• The awardees will be asked to open a Joint account with parents in India Post Payment Bank or Post Office Savings Bank in a branch, which has a core banking facility.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Philatelic deposit account holders have the facility to place permanent orders at the Philatelic Bureau for the supply of new stamps, brochures as well as new postal stationery with or without advertisements.
Foreign customers can avail of the facility by opening an account with Director (Filipali), Mumbai GPO-400001.
Items can also be obtained through postal orders on postage stamps against advance payment by domestic and foreign customers.
The application form and more details about the philatelic deposit account scheme are available in all philatelic bureaux of the country.
Students can pay online through their credit/debit card or through a Postal Saving Bank (POSB) NetBanking account.
To link your account with your registered BharatPost account and go to Home >> Philip >> Link PDA.
Some details are required to link Philatelic Account to your Id.
1) Philatelic Account Number
3) Prompt Answer
Enter valid details and the Philatelic account will be successfully added to your user account.
The collection and study of postage stamps are called the ‘Philately’.IndiaPost site’, which provides various services to stamp collectors for the purchase of new stamps and has a stamp account to avail of various benefits.