Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships is designed for students who wish to study for a professional degree and who have been selected by US Colleges and Universities in the Area of Arts and Culture Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies; Economics; Environmental Science/Studies; Higher Education Administration; International Affairs; International Legal Studies; Public Administration; Public Health; Urban and Regional Planning; and Women’s Studies/Gender Studies. This fellowship is for 1 to 2 years. The destination of this Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships is only to stimulate students and encourage them to pursue advanced studies. Pupils should have a US Bachelor’s degree for a fellowship from any college and 3 years of work experience in any professional field under which they will be selected for the scholarship.
Apply mode Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships
- All students will have to submit through the fellowship online https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2022. After the last date, your application form will be canceled. Do not do many mismatches at the time of submitting the application form. Otherwise, your form may be rejected.
Duration of Fellowships
- One to two years
Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships Important dates
|Application due date for 2023 awards||June 1, 2023|
|Field-specific experts review applications||End June 2023|
|USIEF informs the applicants about the review outcome||Late July 2023|
|National interviews of short-listed candidates||Late August 2023|
|USIEF notifies principal and alternate nominees. Nominees take tests (such as TOEFL and GRE)||Early September 2023|
|USIEF forwards applications of recommended candidates to the U.S. for J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) approval and placement||October 2023|
|USIEF notifies finalists||March/April 2023|
|Degree program begins||August/September|
Eligibility Criteria Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships
- Students must have a US degree passed from any university in India.
- Aspirants will have to pass a Bachelor’s degree with 55% marks. If your Bachelor’s degree is 4 years, then otherwise you will need your Master’s degree.
- Students should have a professional experience of 3 years in any field.
- should demonstrate experience in leadership and community service
- Students must not have a separate degree from US University.
- Those who want to apply for the student Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships, please do all your things according to the instruction.
Benefits of FFSB
- -1 visa support
- Round-trip economy class air travel from fellow’s home city to the host institution in the U.S.
- Funding for tuition and fees, living and related costs; and
- Accident and sickness coverage per U.S. Government guidelines
- USIEF funding may not cover all costs and the scholar may need to supplement grant benefits with other resources
- The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships provide no financial support for dependents
Field of study
Note: You will also be given the option of placement through this Fellowships by the Institute of International Education (IIE), New York. Students will not have to apply for the US Institute by themselves.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Announcements inviting applications for Fulbright-Nehru, and other Fulbright Fellowships happen in January per annum. Please visit the USIEF website www.usief.org.in for complete details.
Depending on the grant category, applicants are advised to request two to 3 referees to send their recommendations or complete those online by the appliance maturity. Please read the appliance instructions.
You will be affiliated with just one U.S. host institution for the whole duration of your grant. USIEF strongly recommends applicants to spot institutions with which they want to be affiliated and to correspond, beforehand, with potential host institutions. If you’ve got secured a letter of invitation from a U.S. institution, please include it as a neighborhood of your online application.
Subject experts review all eligible applications. Short-listed applicants are going to be required to seem for an interview face to face with the USIEF national selection committee in New Delhi. Shortlisted candidates have been notified a minimum of three weeks before the interview date. counting on the grant category, the national selection committees meet between August and February.
Academic credentials and professional ability.
The merit of the proposed Fulbright project.
Commitment to community or service.
Need to conduct research within the U.S.
Outcomes, Potential Impact, and Benefits.
Motivation, Seriousness of Purpose, Maturity, Leadership, Cultural Adaptability.
Ability to contribute as a cultural ambassador beyond his/her specific field of study.