Women Scientist Scheme 2023-24: DST refers to the Department of Science & Technology, which is under the Department of Government of India, Women Scientists Scheme which is established in May 1971. Minister of state and the head of the department is Dr. Harsh Vardhan and the present secretary is Ashutosh Sharma. DST support and encourage open access to scientific knowledge by public-funded research in India. – A (WOS-A) 2023 calls for proposals open. Interested women applicants can apply online for the Women Scientists Scheme – A (WOS-A) for the year 2023. Details are overview, eligibility, application procedure and such below:
Notification for Provisional acceptance of proposals under Women Scientists Scheme-A (WOS-A)
The programmes which are under KIRAN (Knowledge Involvement in Research Advancement through Nurturing) Scheme of DST including Women Scientists Scheme-A (WOS-A) are under review and may likely to regenerate at some area. Therefore, provisional submission of new proposals under WOS-A programme is allowed w.e.f. 01.01.2023 till further notice.
Women constitute an important section of the workforce. A large number of well-educated women scientists in a present situation but their situation are not able to connect with the process of science and technology. Many problems has been faced by them most often the “break-in-career” which happens out of motherhood and family responsibilities. They have many restriction in their profession in age and qualification in the present situation and there’s no systematic way so that they can manage all things.
The Women scientists and technologists who are between the age group of 27-57 years have the opportunity to connect with the mainstream and manage their work as a scientist. The “Women Scientists Scheme” has been researched for the improvement in this condition. The aim of the Department is to help those women who make effort on scientific professions they help them to re-enter the mainstream and launch their research into the field of science and technology.
(1) Physical and Mathematical Sciences [PMS]
(2) Chemical Sciences [CS]
(3) Life Sciences [LS]
(4) Earth and Atmospheric Sciences [EAS]
(5) Engineering & Technology [ET].
Support: This scheme will provide a research grant with an upper limit of Rs. 30 lakh (for PhD or equivalent)), Rs. 25 lakh (for M.Tech/M.Pharm or equivalent) and Rs. 20 lakh (for M.Sc. or equivalent) for a well-defined R&D project proposal for a period of three years. This scheme will include the fellowship of the candidate and the cost of small equipment, contingencies, travel, consumables etc. Institutional overhead charges will be extra.
DST Womens Scientist Fellowship 2023 Eligibility Criteria :
- Persons already in employment need not apply.
- Women scientists, who have less than 27 years of age are not eligible.
- Candidates who are registered in PhD and receiving any fellowship are not eligible to apply.
- Women scientists, with a minimum of Post Graduate degree, equivalent to M.Sc. in Basic or Applied Sciences or B.Tech. or MBBS or other equivalent professional qualifications, are eligible for this scheme. The amount of fellowship for such candidates will be Rs. 30,000/- PM.
- Women scientists, with M.Tech. or MD/MS, DM/MCH in Medical Sciences from recognized Universities can also apply. The fellowship amount for applicant will be Rs.40,000/- PM.
- Women scientists having PhD Degree in Basic or Applied Sciences will be entitled to the fellowship of Rs.55,000/- PM.
After PhD candidate should have required a minimum 2 years of break.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Qualifications: A minimum postgraduate degree, equivalent to an M.Sc. in Basic or Applied Sciences or a B.Tech. or an MBBS, or other similar professional qualifications, is required. M.Phil/M.Tech/M.Pharm/M.VSc or an equivalent degree. A Ph.D. in Basic or Applied Sciences is required.
Click on the ‘Forgot Password’ link on the home page of http://online-wosa.gov.in. Students will receive a link via mail that has the password. Please note that your registered email ID is the login ID.
Please visit the website http://online-wosa.gov.in, read the instructions carefully, and proceed accordingly.
Please try to display all columns, even if they seem non-mandatory. Avoid using special characters such as bullets, tabs, single quotes, double quotes, angular brackets, ampersands, etc. when entering data.