What is Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship 2023?
Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship 2023 is an initiative to encourage young women across India to prepare for and pursue a career in science. It provides a level playing ground to girl students, especially from rural India and low socio-economic backgrounds, to get access to quality education in some of India’s best science institutions by offering financial support and mentorship throughout their undergraduate studies. The scholarships are limited to students securing admissions in the 12 listed science colleges under the fellowship scheme.
The selected fellows will receive a scholarship worth INR 2,40,000 for 3 years of study.
Who is offering this scholarship?
Dr. Reddy’s Foundation (DRF) is offering this scholarship. The foundation enables socially and economically vulnerable groups to take control of their lives. They develop and test innovative solutions to address complex social problems and promote the scaling up of impact by leveraging partnerships.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
To be eligible, the girl applicant must:
- Be an Indian national
- Have a record of academic excellence
- Opt for BSc program in pure/natural science
Note: Preference will be given to students with rural backgrounds, economically weak backgrounds and interest in scientific research.
What are the benefits ?
The selected fellows will receive the following awards & benefits:
- Scholarship worth INR 2,40,000 (INR 80,000/year) for three years of study, which covers the college tuition fees, study expenses and basic living costs.
- The scholars are guided through the crucial stages of their education, apart from having a role model for a career in science with the help of a leading women scientist as a mentor.
How can you apply ?
To apply for the scholarship, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Visit the sign-up page here and create an account.
Step 2: Login to the account and start an application.
Step 3: Provide personal details such as name, date of birth, address etc.
Step 4: Provide education and family details.
Step 5: Give brief answers to the questions requested in the application form.
Step 6: Submit the form online.
What are the documents required for the Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship 2023?
The following documents shall be required to be uploaded during the application process:
- Class 10th certificate (mandatory)
- Class 10th mark sheet (optional)
- Class 10+2 mark sheet (mandatory)
- Class 10+2 certificate (optional)
- Income certificate (mandatory for household income less than INR 5 lakhs)
- Disability certificate (mandatory for PwD candidates)
What are the selection criteria ?
The applicants will be selected based on merit in Class 12 and overall academic record.
Terms and Conditions
- Bangalore– Christ University, Mount Carmel College, St Joseph’s College, The Oxford College of Science
- Chennai– Madras Christian College, Stella Maris College, Women’s Christian College
- Delhi– Miranda House, Hindu College, St. Stephen’s College, Kirori Mal College, Hansraj College, ARSD, Gargi College
- Hyderabad– St. Francis Degree College for Women, St. Ann’s College for Women
- Kolkata– Vivekananda College, Madhyamgram
- Mumbai– Mithibai College, St Xavier’s College, Sophia College for Women
Terms and conditions
- The final disbursement of Scholarship amount to the applicant shall be on the basis of the fee receipt evidencing part payment, submitted by the applicant.
- DRF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to reject or disqualify any application.
- DRF reserves the right, to use the photograph/profile of the scholarship applicant/beneficiary for future publication use, disclosures and communication purposes with DRF’s stakeholders.
- The students who receive the scholarship should be regular in attendance and pass all performance parameters as decided by the competent authority of the school/college/University.
- DRF reserves its right to independently verify and assess the claims made by candidates/beneficiaries regarding their family financial status.
- This is a beneficiary scheme of DRF and is not as a matter of right to be claimed by candidates of economically weaker sections of society or otherwise.
For more information, check out the link here.