DBT Tribal – Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT):- Union Minister for Tribal Affairs Mr Arjun Munda launched the portal – ‘DBT Tribal’- on Wednesday, June 12 in New Delhi. Basically main aimed of Scholarship for tribal students to help them for more prospective life. Though out of this Tribal Affairs Ministry has launched a web portal which will be reduce the chances of manipulate and duplication of scholarship recipients reference.
Some informative points of DBT Tribal
- The Tribal Ministry has been running a number of schemes to help the students of Scheduled Tribe (ST) and general category. ‘
- Top Class Education for ST Students’ is one such scheme run by the Center to promote higher education among ST students.
- Here are more than 246 distinguished institutions including IITs and IIMs, participate under this scheme.
- Per year minimum 1000 od students get benefit of this Scholarship Program.
- pre-matric and post-matric scholarship schemes are also implemented by the state governments.
- Here also provide the National Fellowship scheme which is run for MPhil and PhD programmes students.
- This government also helps students who want to complete their studies in Abroad. About 30 students are helped through scholarships for their studies.
What Students Get On DBT Tribal Portal
As per Naval Jit Kapoor, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Tribal Affairs, though this portal will be a one stop platform where all the data of all the schemes run by the Centre or state governments. And now ministry can provide. beneficiaries by their state, district, block and school. There are basically two Scholarship:- One for pre-matric and another for Post matric. These all facitices given by the state or Government.
Note:- According to the official details minimum fee 1.58 crore students have received scholarship benefits worth which amount across Rs 7,900 Crores. According to the officials information under the above-mentioned programmes across 31 states and Union territories in the last 5 years.