Daman and Diu Scholarship 2024-25: In 2014, Damn & Diu government sponsor scholarship for Daman & Diu students who are belong to minor communities like SC,ST, and OBC. The National Scholarship portal is the Government of India’s the aim to provide financial support to deserving candidates by awarding them scholarships to pursue their higher education. The main initiative of the Daman and Diu Scholarship is providing money or helping economically weaker students to encourage studies. So the parents send their children to school. The government of India is supporting to develop the country.
www.diu.gov.in Scholarship 2024-25
The National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is a unique and simplified platform to help students get the benefits of educational scholarships in an efficient and transparent manner. The NSP initiative aims at providing a Simplified, Mission-oriented, Accountable, Responsive, and Transparent (SMART) System for faster & effective disbursal of scholarship applications. Daman District is situated nearly 200 km north from Mumbai and is surrounded by the Valsad District of Gujarat State in North, East, and South. The central Government of India has circulated a notification of the Daman & Diu National Scholarship Portal Scheme. Daman Ganga River coming from Nasik passes through the middle of Daman District dividing it into two parts namely Moti Daman and Nani Daman.
The following schemes for Fresh & Renewal candidates are generated by the department- Daman & Diu Pre-Matric scholarships Daman & Diu Post-Matric scholarships Daman & Diu Merit-cum-means Scholarships.
Daman and Diu Scholarship & Stipend
- Total 65 Post Metric Scholarship for students belong to SC were sent to the Assistant Director of Education, Daman during 2024-25.
- Total 1137 Pre-Matric and 606 Post Metric Scholarship application were sent to the Social Welfare Department, Daman during the year 2024-25.
- Total 201 SC/ST students of Diu District were given Stipend/Scholarship this year 2024-25.
- Total 50 application forms of Pre-metric scholarship for SC and ST were sent to the Assistant Director of Education, Daman.
List Of 2024 Upcoming Daman and Diu Scholarship
- Pre Scholarship for SC/ ST
- Post-Metric for SC/ ST
- Pre Metric Scholarship for OBC
- Post Metric Scholarship for OBC
- Pre Metric Scholarship for Minority
- Post Metric Scholarship for Minority
- SC/ ST welfare scheme-
Candidates, who are studying from class 1 to 10th, will get Text Books, Note Books, Pen, Pencil, Colour Pencil, Slate, Slate Pen, Scale (Ruler), Eraser, Geometrical Box, school bag and uniform from the Directorate of Education, Daman.
Documents Required To Apply Daman and Diu Scholarship Scholarship
- Income declaration affidavit.
- Caste Certificate.
- One Passport size photograph.
- Income Certificate.
- Attested Copy of last Qualifying Mark sheet/Certificate.
- Residential proof.
- Bank passbook with a photograph.
- 30 % of seats are for girl’s students.
- Essential 50% marks in the pre-qualifying exam.
- PAN Card.
How To Apply for Daman and Diu Scholarship?
- Visit the official website of the organization that is www.diu.gov.in.
- Go to the scheme section on the homepage of the official page and click on it.
- Many scholarship schemes details are given here by the concerned department here and candidates are required to read these very carefully before applying.
- Now go to the Apply Section and start filling the Daman & Diu Scholarship Form carefully.
- Attach all related documents/certificates/scanned signature and click on the submit button.
- At last, take the print out of this copy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I submit a Daman and Diu Scholarship application form once?
No, you have to submit your personal details first, after registration, the system will generate an application ID and password for students, which will be sent by your mail ID or SMS. Only one chance.
Can more than one Daman and Diu Scholarship be availed?
No, a scholar can avail of only one Daman and Diu Scholarship at a time. If the scholar wants to enjoy another fellowship, he must renounce the current fellowship.
Do I have to scan the certificate and upload it to the system before sending the online application to the institute?
The system has the facility to upload scanned copies of certificates such as caste certificates, income certificates, high school certificates, and barrier certificates (if any).
Can I edit already saved information for longer?
Allows the candidate to edit their personal details related to online registration. This facility is restricted if the application has been verified by the institute.
What to do after submitting an online application?
After submitting the application online, you should take a printout of the application, sign it and submit it to your institution along with the required/supporting documents.