Centre for Cognitive and Brain Sciences:– IIT Gandhinagar offers tests and interviews for students. Students are being given a great opportunity, which brings good marks in exams, those students will not need to give any exam and interview for this test. There will also be selected with the test. The institute invites some students for examination, in which students have a good academic record. The written examination will consist of comprehension type questions based on the given passage and statistical interest. The academic record of final selection students will be completed only through a written Exam interview. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), applications invited people in Gandhinagar for admission to 2-year Master of Science (MSc) in Cognitive Science program for the session July 2021.
- Application Deadline: 10 February 2021
- Online Admission Test: 28 February 2021
- Online Interviews: 1 March 2021 to 3 March 2021
- B.a. B.Sci B.Tech B.Com MBBS These students must have at least 55% marks at graduation level. OBC, SC, ST category students are compulsory for at least 50% marks.
- Those who are in the last third year of graduation are not eligible for the Centre for Cognitive and Brain Sciences.
- The selected applications are based on overall credentials (marks in aptitude tests, academic achievements and cognitive science).
For the Master of Science, students will have to clear the written exam and interview. The written test will consist of comprehension type questions based on given passages and statistical aptitude
Qualified candidates MSC join the cognitive science program will receive a monthly stipend of Rs. 5000 / -. Continued satisfactory progress of students in the program will be updated stipend support per semester.
The institute encourages MSc students to present their research work at national and international conferences, and offers a travel scholarship of Rs. 60000 / – for such students.
How to apply?
- Firstly visit the official site of Centre for Cognitive and Brain Sciences. (Click Here)
- All Scholarship must click on the Scholarship Application Form.
- Under the application, all students have been given an instruction according to which all children have to fill their form.
- All students have to fill their exact information in that application form.
- After filling the application form, all the students have to upload some of their documents on the official website.
- After filling out the application form, you have to submit that form.
Note:- Offline application song will not be taken, you have to summon the application form online, you will not be charged any fee for applying.
Terms and Conditions
- The application form will be rejected after the last date.
- All students have to fill the application form in a correct and accurate manner. Application forms should not remain incompleted.
- Each candidate is required to score a minimum of 50% marks in the paper.
- Only backward students can apply for the scholarship.
- All students must enter their number in the application form and submit their email ID.
- If you already have a scholarship, then you will not be eligible for this Centre for Cognitive and Brain Sciences.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is its status in India?
Currently, some Central Universities like the University of Hyderabad, University of Allahabad, and Jadavpur University run in Masters and Ph.D. courses in Cognitive Science. Some IITs like IIT Gandhinagar and IIT Kanpur have started this course. There are also institutes where faculty research issues are relevant to relevant sciences such as – National Brain Research Center, Manesar, Center for Neuroscience, Indian Insert of Science, Bangalore. (Hyperlinks to Enbruck, Can Eyes).
How can I apply for the Centre for Cognitive and Brain Sciences, if I haven’t availed it in the first year of the course?
Online fresh application submission is possible only for 1st-year students. Take out a printout of the Centre for Cognitive and Brain Sciences Application form, after downloading from the “Download” option of the Home page. Fill it up and submit it to Institute with all the requisite documents. Institute is to be requested to register and submit a scholarship application on your behalf. You should keep a record of the “Applicant Id” and “Password” from the Institute so that you can be able to modify details and track the status of the application.
Can I do well if I have no background in cognitive science?
As no one in India currently comes with a bachelor’s degree in cognitive science, most are exposed to the subject at the MSc level or Ph.D. Therefore, if there is no interest, there will not be much difficulty in doing so. The concepts and skills gained during the bachelor’s degree will be useful.
What do I need to do in the lab?
You can work on a project of your choice if it is novel and theoretically interesting. Projects in the lab are on many things. However, most of the projects are also related to the main research areas of the lab. The precise field of research is decided after discussion with PI.
If I was not given admission in the previous semester, can I apply again?
Ph.D. You are welcome again for future semesters. How you do it depends on the circumstances:
If you have not received the admission decision for the semester in which you have applied, you can update your application within one year of your original application period. To update your application in future semesters, send an email to our cognitive science research Office. The email should include the following information:
your full name
USC ID Number
The term/semester from which you want to update the application.