AMWA Young Women in Science Awards
|Title||AMWA Young Women in Science Awards|
|Last Date To Apply||December 15, 2021|
12100 Sunset Hills Road
Reston, VA 20210
|Official Link To Apply||Click Here|
Young Women in Science Awards was created in 2008. The students who perform brilliantly in basic science and research get are the receivers of this award. To conclude, The top three candidates of the medical student poster presentation are given Young women in science award at the annual meeting of AMWA.
The first three winners get financial aids. However, it depends on their basic research and science. While shortlisting the medical posters, the following points are kept in consideration:
- Basic science and research
- Innovation and Innovative Ideas
- Entire Presentation
Winners will get their awards at the annual AMWA meeting. Awards are as follows:
- First position- $250
- Second position- $150
- Third position- $100
AMWA makes the final judgment at the annual meeting. The candidates must take acknowledgment or consent of the author prior to submitting the abstract. Moreover, all the final selected abstracts will be published in the online booklet of the medical student page.
Criteria to apply in this award:
- First and foremost, the candidate must be an AMWA national resident.
- Secondly, the applicant must exhibit extraordinary qualities in medical and research, basically, in women’s health. Furthermore, they must demonstrate leadership qualities and publications in the fields mentioned above.
- All kinds of posters are eligible for the Young Women in Science Awards.
- A candidate cannot submit a duplicate of his previous work. Implying he must submit a fresh copy.
- Candidates can submit only one poster.
- Each author will have to submit contact details, ie., their full names with emails. This is for the verification process. The author will receive an email for the digital signature.
- The author submitting and presenting the poster must be present in the conference.
- The word limit for poster abstract is 300 words, it cannot be more than this.
The choices given:
The author has two choices, either they can participate in poster making or choose an oral presentation. Provided if a candidate opts for oral presentation, he won’t be eligible then for poster making. Consequently, a candidate will be out of poster making and can only give an oral presentation. Thus, you will be adjudged for oral presentation and not for poster presentations for young women in Science Awards.
Selection Process for Awards:
The entire process depends upon the judgment panel and the panel of judges at the AMWA Conference. In short, a judging panel at the conference will assess the posters.