This is an initiative under the auspices of the Assam Foundation of North America to award educational scholarships and mentoring to deprived students who have demonstrated good academics financially. The scholarships are awarded to students pursuing postsecondary education. The objective is to encourage higher education among financially needy students and eventually make them capable of providing for their families.
AFNA Assam Scholarship For Under Graduate Students
This is an initiative under the guidance of Assam Foundation of North America to award educational scholarships and mentoring to students who are financially deprived but have demonstrated promising academics. The scholarships are awarded to students pursuing post-secondary education. The objective is to encourage higher education among financially needy students and eventually making them capable of providing for their family.
AFNA is kicking off its annual fundraising Work-An-Hour campaign again. As we do every year around Bohag Bihu and the Assamese new year, we urge you to make a donation to AFNA with a one-time donation that may be around your hourly wage. That way, you symbolically work for an hour for AFNA and contribute towards its projects.
This year, our focus for Work An Hour is AKADAMICS. AKADAMICS has entered its 5th year and we are soon going to enroll another 30 students in our program whom we will financially support through their graduation. We already have 37 students who have graduated in the last 4 years.
How to Apply for AFNA Scholarship?
AFNA is a volunteer-driven US-based non-profit organization with a thirty-year history of supporting social development projects in Assam, a north-eastern state of India, and helping with charitable work in the US and abroad. Our volunteers currently drive support for projects covering education, livelihood, and flood resilience. Please visit our projects page to learn more about our work.
- For completing applications online click here – Application Form.
- For completing paper applications, please print the online form and mail it to the address provided at the bottom of this page.
- Click on the Submit button or Save the Application Form in PDF format and Email it to email@example.com
Eligibility for AFNA Assam Foundation
The Academics Scholarship is an initiative powered by Assam Foundation of North America to award educational scholarships and mentoring to students who are financially deprived but have promising academics to demonstrate. The scholarships are awarded to students pursuing post-secondary (graduation/bachelor’s) education.
This is an initiative under the auspices of Assam Foundation of North America to award educational scholarships and mentoring to students who are financially deprived but have demonstrated promising academics. The scholarships are awarded to students pursuing post-secondary education. The objective is to encourage higher education among financially needy students and eventually making them capable of providing for their family.
www.assamfoundation.net Assam Foundation of North America
Students seeking to enroll or already enrolled in a bachelor’s degree course in any discipline are eligible; no scholarship is available at this stage for pursuing diploma/certificate level courses.
The applicant should have passed his/her Higher Secondary/Pre-University/CBSE/ISC or equivalent board qualifying examination.
Children of families whose annual- family income (i.e. total family income/total family members) is at or below INR 50,000 per year are eligible for the scholarship. Family income refers to the income after deductions for taxes or other purposes. Only direct family members will count towards the total family members.
A potential awardee should be a permanent resident of the state of Assam verified through appropriate documentation(list given below)
AFNA is a volunteer-driven US-based non-profit organization with a thirty-year history of supporting social development projects in Assam, a north-eastern state of India, and helping with charitable work in the US and abroad.
For both Applicants after form submission
Final Step: AFNA Scholarship Selection Board (SSB) will review the applications and call for the proof of documents(list given below) as stated below.
Documents will have to be either posted or emailed to the same postal or email address respectively as mentioned above.
Scholarship Disbursement: Upon successful presentation of documents(list given below), the scholarship will be provided to the awardees.
- Applications Open for 2022-2023 – 1st January 2022.
- Last Date for Application Submission (Online or Paper) for 2022-2023 session – 30 April 2022.
- Last Date for Documentation Submission (from the requested applicants) – 31 July 2022.
- Scholarship Announcement – 31 August 2022.
Please email your queries or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Now: www.assamfoundation.net
Important details about the scholarship
- The list of selected candidates will be announced on the official website of www.assamfoundation.net, AFNA Assam Scholarship and watch the result.
- Last Date of Online Application: The last date of submission of Online application for AFNA Scholarship for the academic year 2022-23 will be up to September (for fresh scholarship).
- Last Date of Upload of Document on Website: The students are able to upload all the requisite documents up to June 2022.
- scholarship directly to the information that you have to register themselves in the portal www.assamfoundation.net ranking scholar of the Aadhaar number, which will only be transferred to the bank account DBT will pay for the direct benefit transfer scheme.
Documents Required for the Scholarship
- Photograph of Student
- Income certificate
- Bonafide Certificate
- Residence Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- The first page of bank passbook of candidate
- Previous year’s mark sheet
- At last Scanned copy of Application form with the applicant and their parents signature
How will the scholarship be paid?
- The scholarship is paid in 4 equal installments in a year.
- The scholarship matches the schedule of an academic year in Assam (starts in July of an academic year and ends in and July of the following year).
- The scholarship is deposited into the bank account of the awardees. Awardees must have a bank account in a recognized bank.
Frequently Asked Questions
The scholarship is given to students in four installments a year. Scholarships are deposited in the bank account of the students. The students should have a bank account in a recognized bank (under RBI Act)
Students who want to submit the AFNA offline application form, download the application form via the official website, take a printout of it, fill in all the details, attach all the documents and then send it to the address given by the courier. Student application forms can also be sent by mail. email@example.com
AFNA – AKADAMICS
4391 McMenemy Street,
Vadnais Heights, MN 55127, USA
You must remember the previous year’s password to get the scholarship renewal. Students must come to the academy and have at the very least 75 percent. If the minimum percentage criteria are fulfilled then you can surely renew your scholarship. If you leave the course midway without actually completing the entire course, your scholarship will not be canceled, you can still avail it to full.
If the scholarship amount does not cover the entire expenses of the course, the student will be allowed to receive scholarships from other sources.
yes, a minor student(below the age of 18) can avail of the scholarship provided he is pursuing post-secondary education and has an under guardian bank account no. One of his parents /guardians have a valid bank account in a registered bank.