The 1,000 Dreams Scholarship offers educational assistance to currently enrolled high school or college-aged women across the United States.
This grant is available to eligible female students attending high school or a two-year or four-year college/university in the United States. To qualify, students must demonstrate financial need. The application process requires two letters of recommendation and an essay detailing how the grant will be utilized. Selection will be based on the content of the application, financial need, and input from the letter(s) of recommendation. Previous recipients are not eligible to reapply.
Grant Amount: Up to $1,000
Application Available: December 5, 2022
Application Deadline: March 31, 2023
For any questions, please refer to our FAQs here or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1,000 Dreams Scholarship
|Title||1,000 Dreams Scholarship|
|Last Date To Apply||Varies|
1055 Broadway Blvd.
Kansas City, MO 64105
|Official Link To Apply||Click Here|
A large number of students choose Canada and Canadian Universities as a preferred location for studies. Students apply for scholarships to abate their burden of expenses. The 1000-Dreams-Scholarship is a small initiative to help the students in relieving their burden.
Introduction to the Scholarship
- Fill in the application process
- Tell them, “Why did you choose this college or University?” in your own words and 100% originality.
Before you fill the form, check the eligibility criteria. Parameters are mentioned below.
- Should be 18 years of age or above.
- The candidate should have taken admission in a recognized Canadian College or University.
- Should submit an original, self-written piece of writing keeping in mind the following points:
- What is the reason behind choosing this course/university?
- How will this help you in your career?
- What are the next steps you will take after completing this course?
- How does it give you an extra edge as compared to other participants?
Some important points :
|Start of Application Process||November|
|Eligibility||An international student with admission to reputed Canadian university/ Institute|
|End of Application Process||February|
When it comes to education, Canada has always remained among the toppers in the list of most preferred location for international studies. According to reports from Times of India, Canada granted 1.39 lakh visas to Indian students. This report shows that Canada attracts a lot of Indian students every year. And, the number of students moving to Canada every year has been on a steady rise over the years.
India contributes to the rise in growth of number of International students in Canada every year.
There are various factors because of which Canada attracts a large number of students every year.
Some of the factors are mentioned below:
- Easy visa approvals
- Affordable housing
- Good quality of education
- Work study program
According to certain sources, a students has to spend somewhere between $9000 ans $10000 as cost of living . In order to abate this burden to some extent, CollegeDunia has launched the $1000 Dream Scholarship for students studying in Canada.Click here to go directly to the steps to avail the scholarship
Colleges where you can avail this opportunity
Students who wish to study in Canada can avail scholarship from CollegeDunia and relieve their burden. The following colleges are affiliated to CollegeDunia:
- University of Toronto (U of T)
- University of British Columbia
- McGill University
Although, it is said that Canada is relatively cheaper than UK and US in terms of cost of living and education in terms of education. But we also can’t deny the fact that Canada is expensive for International students. According to some sources, international students have to pay CA$7000 per year as college fees on an average and that’s not less. With this, they also need to manage their living expenses which adds up to the cost. So, a scholarship to some is acts like a saviour in disguise.
The study-work program in Canada has made it easier for students to survive in Canada. A student can work for 20 hours in a week with his study permit. One can work for up to 40 hours during holidays.But this benefit comes with some consequences:
Because students can earn more only on holidays in Canada so they need to sacrifice their holidays.
Sometimes, the academic course requires your much needed attention which makes it difficult to devote time to work.
So, instead of focusing only on study work program, an international students should also find and apply for scholarships.
Steps to apply for the Scholarship
Here, we are providing a simple guide to follow and grab the scholarship easily. The steps are mentioned below:
- Make sure that you are eligible for the scholarship.
- Fill the form thoroughly.
- Since the mode of submission is online,
- Please fill in the necessary details I.e., your name, qualification, education, background details carefully as these are important.
- The application can submit only one form so fill it properly
- Candidate has to write a short, precise, and original essay. It is the main element of criteria of selection
- Word limit is between 300-600 words.
- Make sure that the write up does not have any errors in it.
- Once submitted, no one will be able to change/edit the write up.
- If the write is found the be against certain religious sentiments, or doesn’t meet the standards in many way, it will be disqualified.
- You can submit the article after completing and proof-reading it.
Key takeaways of the Scholarship-
- Scholarship will be provided to one student who successfully qualifies the selection criteria.
- The fees will be payable to the institution directly.
- As soon as the student takes admission in a college or university and submits the proof, the amount will be released.
- One must submit the proof on/before 21 February 2021.
- It is only a cash scholarship and prizes/rewards in the form of cash equivalent will not be provided.
- Students have no right to transfer the scholarship without the discretion of the sponsor.
- Tax deduction from scholarship will be as per Section 194B of the Income Tax Act.
- Post verification of documents, student will get their award.
Important points to be kept in mind:
- Student must submit the write up on or before the deadline, or else, he shall be disqualified.
- Applicants must have completed Higher Secondary Education.
- They should avoid making any grammatical mistakes.
- The article must be original, creative, sentence formation should be apt, and it should be convincing.
- It must meet all the quality standards or else will stand disqualified.
- If the winner fails to submit the necessary documents for verification, he shall be disqualified, and the next student will get the scholarship.
- Sponsors themselves decide the winner, their decision is the final decision.